Transforming the built environment into something greener is no easy task. It takes a lot of talent, collaboration and innovative ideas…so join us!
Volunteer benefits include:
- Contribute to the USGBC-Missouri Gateway Chapter’s work to make every building a green building!
- Earn 1 GBCI Continuing Education hour per hour of volunteer work for up to 50% of total CE hours. Hours must be self reported.
- Attend exclusive volunteers-only professional development trainings
- Build relationships with fellow Chapter volunteers
- Earn recognition through the Above + Beyond Volunteer program
Volunteers are required to maintain current USGBC-Missouri Gateway Chapter membership. Click here to join or renew.
The Chapter’s Community Build Program contains many projects, all with the goal of making green buildings and green building education accessible to all. There are many ways to participate in our Community Build Program, including:
- Green Schools Quest Mentor – Applications are accepted between April and August each year.
- Volunteer Speaker, Speakers Bureau – Application
- Green Shadow Mentor – Applications for Spring 2017 due February 28, 2017
- Pro-Bono ENERGY STAR Application Verification – Open to Registered Architects and Professional Engineers only
- Staff the USGBC-Missouri Gateway Chapter booth at local Green Events in 2017
Promoting, collaborating, recruiting, educating…working committees are the lifeblood of the Missouri Gateway Chapter. Visit our Committee page to learn more.
To join a committee, contact the committee chair or Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator Johanna Schweiss, (314) 577-0884.
- Develop the 25 by 20 Voluntary Benchmarking Campaign
- Support non-profits and community groups to green their building operations using USGBC’s ADVANCE platform
- Maintain partnership with Missouri Interfaith Power & Light and support houses of worship to benchmark their building energy use
- Oversee the Chapter’s Sustainable Project Assistance Program
- Manage the Speakers Bureau
- Establishes the yearly education schedule including monthly evening programs, in-depth seminars, tech talks and the new Continuing Education Blitz
Green Schools Committee
- Outreach to school districts
- Provide Green Schools Presentations
- Coordinate Green Schools Events
- Manage the Green Schools Quest
Higher Education and Emerging Professionals Committee
- Works to engage and welcome current students, recent graduates and young professionals to hte Chapter
- Collaborate with the St. Louis Regional Higher Education Sustainability Consortium
- Oversee the Green Shadow Mentorship Program
- Create community-building opportunities for students and Emerging Professionals, such as happy hours and green building tours.
- Promote the adoption of LEED Certification by area campuses for new construction and substantial renovations
Membership & Marketing Committee
Co-Chairs: Dave Lundberg, RJI, and Jennifer Thomas, Gephardt Institute for Civic and Community Engagement, Washington University in St. Louis
Meets: 1st Tuesday, 8:00 – 9:30 am,
USGBC-Missouri Gateway Office
- Develop and Implement Member Recruitment, Member Retention, and Brand Awareness Strategies
- Organize Biannual New Member Welcome Events
- Implement Marketing Projects
- Manage Green Building Experts Program
Questions? Contact Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator Johanna Schweiss, (314) 577-0884.