High Performance Building Initiative
The St. Louis High Performance Building Initiative is regional project organized by the St. Louis Regional Chamber and the U.S. Green Building Council – Missouri Gateway Chapter to increase the square footage of third-party verified green space in the St. Louis region.
Join the HPBI in our effort to reduce building energy use in the region by 25% by 2020 – Take the 25 x 20 Pledge to Benchmark your Building now! Congratulations and thank you to current 25 x 20 participants!
The goals of the High Performance Building Initiative are to:
- Increase focus on greening existing buildings and building performance
- Increase square footage of third-party verified space in the St. Louis region by 50% by 2014.
- Increase professional development and training opportunities related to high performance buildings (especially for greening existing buildings)
- Increase the St. Louis region’s familiarity with Energy Star, LEED EB: Operations and Maintenance, Sustainable SITES, ASHRAE’s Building Energy Quotient, International Green Construction Code and other tools that measure building performance
- Increase healthy and sustainable buildings that improve occupant comfort, performance and safety.
- Engage the St. Louis region in increasing levels of green activities.
Nineteen local building stakeholder organizations are signatories to the goals of the St. Louis High Performance Building Initiative. They are listed on the right-hand side of the page. These organizations have agreed to promote the St. Louis High Performance Building Initiative goal of increasing third-party verified green buildings to their members and to share professional development opportunities.