The purpose of the USGBC-Missouri Gateway Chapter scholarship program is to provide green building & sustainability education and training to emerging and young professionals who may not normally have access or afford it.
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN for our 5th Annual ECORIDE on Sunday, October 5, 2014.
8:30 am – 1:00 pm at Bworks in Soulard (2414 Menard St. 63104)
- 9 am – Long Ride starts
- 10 am – Short Ride and Walking Tour of Soulard start
- 11:30 am – 12:30 pm – Lunch served
Cost: $25.00 per person
$75 for family or group (3 – 5)
$150 for team (6 – 10)
Virtual rider options for those who cannot attend, but want to support the scholarship program!
Riders are encouraged to bring computers (except CRT monitors), bicycles & bicycle parts to donate to Bworks!
Need your bike tuned up before the ride? Drop you bike off at Bworks up until Tuesday, September 30 – along with $60 – and their team will have it tuned up and ready for the ride on October 5!
We are pleased to announce our 2014 Scholarship recipients who will be attending Greenbuild 2014 in New Orleans thanks to funds raised at the 2013 ECORIDE:
- Jennifer Martin from Dancing Rabbit Eco Village in Rutlege, MO
- Brian Gifford, a student at Missouri S&T who participates on their Solar Decathlon Team
- Rob Kennedy, a student at Webster and an intern with the Missouri Botanical Garden’s EarthWays Center
- Mariya Khezri, a student at Maryville, a founder of their USGBC Student Group, which won a 2014 Growing Green Award in the Emerging Leader Category
Thanks to all who joined us for the 4th Annual ECORIDE on Sunday, October 20 at BWorks and help raise funds for our scholarship program! Proceeds from our 2013 ride will support our 2014 Scholarships – congratulations to last year’s recipients below!
2012 Greening the Heartland Scholarships:
- Krystal Chandler
- Admo Ogun
2012 LEED Green Associate Scholarships:
- Eugene Taylor
- Joseph Davidson
- Todd Turner
Scholarships help people from our territory attend:
- Regional Sustainability Conferences such as Greening the Heartland
- Local professional development and continuing education
- LEED Exam Preparation Courses offered by the Chapter
We raise scholarship funds through our Annual ECORIDE, a fun and recreational bike ride and walk.
At the 2013 ride, we raised $4,200 with the help of sponsors and riders, which will support our 2014 scholarships. A scholarship recipient who attended Greening the Heartland in 2013 shared their experience. “This was my first time attending GTH and I had a wonderful time. The amount of resources and information packed into the daily sessions was incredible. The knowledge I acquired is definitely a wonderful resource to me, as well as my colleagues; I have already shared my experiences and resources with them.”
You can make a donation anytime of the year to support the USGBC-Missouri Gateway Chapter Scholarship Fund! Just visit our donation page and designate your donation by making a note in the comment section of the online form. For information about 2014 ECORIDE Sponsorship, please see our 2014 Sponsorship Package. Opportunities are available at the Cruiser ($100), Touring ($250) and Racer ($500) levels!
2013 – 2014Timeline
- October 20, 2013 – 4th Annual ECORIDE raised $4,200!
- March 11, 2014 – Scholarship Applications Open
- April 15, 2014 – Scholarship Applications Due
- May 1, 2014 -Scholarship Winners Notified
- October 5, 2014 – 5th Annual ECORIDE starting @ BWorks in Soulard!
- October 22 – 24, 2014 – Greenbuild in New Orleans
Thanks for supporting green building education for everyone!